Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29th: Hong Kong

Another day of relative calm, and more decorations for the New Year!



Did I say calm? I meant a day of terror - cable car to the Giant Buddha on Lantau Island.


I'm supposed to get into that thing, and ride where, how high up?


All. The way up there!? Did I mention I'm afraid of heights?



Okay, so it wasn't all that bad. View of the Hong Kong Airport was cool.


But the way back is also in the cable cars...


Disney-like village of gift stores and food stalls at the top, as you walk to the Buddha.


Collection of cable cars from around the world.


And there it is, the Tian Tan Buddha.


Up these stairs...yeah...


It's quite impressive.


View to the South.



Buddha butt.




And then back down the stairs.


A view to the east from Lantu Island. Looks like they are building a bridge - maybe all the way over to Macau?