Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11: Providence > Philadelphia

Sunday, March 11 was supposed to be the start of a marathon mini-road trip: Philadelphia, Blacksburg VA, Carlisle PA, and Horseheads NY.

Mother Nature had other ideas, sadly.

As I was leaving Rhode Island and filling up for gas, I realized that I was out of Kleenex in my car, and I didn't pack any of my handkerchiefs. At the very last minute I ventured into the gas station itself and found a box of tissues...as it would turn out, the best $1.79 I have spent in a long, long time.

The ride down to Philadelphia was uneventful, if you can ever call driving through New York City dull. Having recently found out about the Merritt Parkway in CT, the last third of driving through the interminable state of Connecticut seems less awful than I-95.

I was meeting up with a friend of mine who was setting off on a cross-country road trip in Elizabeth, NJ and hanging out with her and another friend from High School in Philly. Making your way into NJ is always a fun time...

Google maps diverted me down a secondary road, north of Elizabeth NJ. Normally this wouldn't have been a major problem, except for the fact that there was a bycicle race occurring on the very same road I was trying to make my way down. Traffic wasn't stopped, but it was slow...

The target location was Target. See what I did there? 


A relatively uneventful drive down to Philadelphia got us to A's house, even if she was half asleep she was still happy to see us.

The last little bit of traffic heading into PHL.