Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13: Philadephia

(Better late than never, is what I say! Sorry it took months to get the rest of this trip up...)

Today was hotter than average for May, but still it was a beautiful day to wander around Philadelphia. After parking quite a distance from where we wanted to be, Steph and I walked around the sights of the Old City of Philadelphia.

Independence Hall was undergoing restorations, but it still looked pretty.


The lines to see the Liberty Bell up close were ridiculously long, so we opted to peek through the glass.


While searching for Reading Terminal Market, we stumbled across Chinatown.


After finding the Market, we made a bee-line for food. Since I've started eating beef, this time I wanted to go for a true Philly Cheese Steak. Dinic's was the winner.


Oh, boy was it good. 



I forget the name of this candy shop, but they have some of the best dark chocolates.


And my favorite hard pretzel, "Tom Sturgis". I savor these and share them with select people, who universally agree they are fantastic.


Steph and her new friend did some work, and maybe shared a little bit of food.


It was time for us to depart Adrienne's for a night with a scooter friend of Stephs.


Scoot out!


First up we stopped at a local scooter shop so Steph could connect with some friends. By this time I wasn't feeling the best, allergies seemed to be hitting me pretty hard again.


We tucked the scoot away with other vintage scooters and headed out for dinner.


With the strong German influence in Pennsylvania, I had sausages which was delicious.


By this time my allergies were really overwhelming, so I crashed for the rest of the night while Steph and her friend caught up.